Saturday 5 November 2016

Floyd Mayweather all but confirms sensational return will happen


Former pound for pound king
Floyd Mayweather isn’t exactly
itching his knuckles to make a
sensational return to the sport but
has given the firmest indication he
will fight for a 50th time.
Mayweather, 39, hasn’t fought since September 2015
when defeating Andre Berto with a whimper and has
consistently been linked to a comeback in order to
break Rocky Marciano’s long-standing retirement
record.
No boxer has ever retired with a better unbeaten run
than Marciano and Mayweather’s 49-0 and not many
have believed ‘Money’ was serious when he initially
announced his decision to fight for the last time.
In an interview with his only online interview source, Ben
Thompson, Mayweather seems close to confirming what
most had thought was inevitable anyway.
"My dad asked me when I was coming back. You know,
is the door still open? Absolutely," Mayweather told
Fighthype.com , before opening up on recent sparring
session involving Adrien Broner and Thomas Dulorme.
"It felt okay, I guess. I don't miss it. I got in there to
spar; it was a lesson that I was teaching all the young
fighters in the gym, and I wanted to show Adrien Broner
also certain defense moves that he could use. I also
wanted Dulorme, to see where he was at, to check his
skills out. That's really what it was.
"I may need a little bit more time off, you know, because
as of right now, I'm not missing it."
Pushed to confirm either way by Thompson,
Mayweather added: "I don't know, man. I don't know.
Different days I feel different ways. Some days you
may say, 'I don't feel like writing no more,' and some
days, you're like, 'I love this!' But, like I always say, if
it's meant to be, it's meant to be."

0 comments: